To transfer a domain, log into your panel https://control.metaregistrar.com and click on the "transfers" link in the menu on the left. You can check whether the domain name has already been transferred via "Incoming transfers". Under "Outgoing transfers" you can see which transfers of domains (still) registered via us have been initiated at other registrars. A transfer is always a pull request, and it is therefore not possible to initiate a transfer from a domain registered via us to another registrar in our portal.
Transferring a domain to us is done as follows:
Choose "Start transfer". A new page opens with the following fields:
- Domain name: Enter the domain name you want to transfer here.
- Authorization code: Enter the unique authorization code here. In some cases, such as with a .uk or .es domain name, the field may be left empty.
- DNS servers: Enter the DNS servers through which the domain can be found. These can be our DNS servers, but those of other providers can also be entered here.
- Registrant: The name of the owner of the domain name.
- Administrative contact: The details of the contact person for the domain. The e-mail address entered here will (for example) be found at SIDN as a contact person for this domain.
- Technical contact: the administrator of the domain.
- Billing contact: This is a contact that is requested by a number of registries, but is not used by anyone. We also do not use this contact for invoicing.
The above contacts can be the same, but may also differ.
- Under the button "Start move" is a drop-down menu with which you can indicate which of the above data should be saved. With this, a subsequent registration can be reduced to filling in the domain name or refilling all fields and all steps in between.
To transfer a domain out, you need to search on Domains > Search domains, select your domain from the list, and you can see the Auhorization Code once clicked on the domain details.
Please note: only with a .be domain name, the transfer code will not be visible here and will always be sent to the registrant by e-mail.