Login to https://control.metaregistrar.com/ with your username and password.
Click on Domains > check domain on your left menu to check if it is available.
Clicking on create domain you can then proceed to register.
Insert the name of your new domain.
For nameservers, you need to provide our nameservers when using our hosting:
If using an external hosting, you need to provide their servers.
For Registrant, Administrative contact, Technical contact, and Billing contact, you can select the profile already created for previous domains, or create a new one, if it is a new project as well. You can repeat the same profile on all the fields, or create different ones if different people are involved on each part.
After filling the information, the part below asks for how long you would like to renewal, if you would like to renew the domain automatically and also estimate the costs.
NB! The auto-renewal option can be turned on/off after the creation, if you change your mind.
- Registrant: The name of the owner of the domain name.
- Administrative contact: The details of the contact person for the domain. The e-mail address entered here will (for example) be found at SIDN as a contact person for this domain.
- Technical contact: the administrator of the domain.
- Billing contact: This is a contact that is requested by a number of registries, but is not used by anyone. We also do not use this contact for invoicing.
The above contacts can be the same, but may also differ.
- Automatically renew: This check box determines whether the domain will continue to exist and be renewed tacitly. In general, we do not send reminders that a domain is about to expire.
- WHOIS Privacy: There is an option to hide data in the WHOIS. This option has now been largely overtaken by the GDPR and registries are now legally obliged not to show data from their (European) customers just like that.
- Register for: The registration time can be changed via this drop-down menu. This generally does not generate discounts.
- By placing the check mark in front of the estimate of the costs, it is shown what the registration costs will be. This will cancel all entries.
Under the button "Register" is a drop-down menu with which you can indicate which of the above data should be saved. With this, a subsequent registration can be reduced to filling in the domain name or refilling all fields and all steps in between
You will receive the invoice on the email registered.