Email addresses are often a requirement when the domain is created. And if it is not a requirement, then a wish with the necessary priority. Those e-mail addresses will have to be created (and managed) and to do this it is important that a (mail) hosting package is purchased. For prices and specifications, you can go under the heading "Hosting" in the menu on the left.
As long as no (mail) hosting package has been purchased, it is not possible to create or manage email addresses via our portal.
With a hosting package on one of our Plesk servers, there is also the possibility to create mail addresses. There is no limit for the number of email addresses that can be created there. And also no limit on the size of the mailboxes specifically, on the limit of the hosting itself that needs to be respected. In addition, unlimited aliases can be created, mail can be forwarded to multiple recipients and there is the option of setting up automatic replies on the server or setting up a catch-all.
All these options are available by logging into the Plesk server .
Creating an email address is an option of clicking the "Mail" link in the left column of the Plesk web interface, and then clicking the "Create mail address" button. All that needs to be entered is the name of the mailbox, and twice the password. All other fields are optional.
NB!! The mail solution on our servers does not contain software for managing calendars or shared contacts. If you need this kind of service, it is necessary to use a separate email provider. It is possible hosting your domain with us and setting the DNS to use an external email.
Manage email addresses
Add an email address with the + in the blue bar. You will be asked for the email address, a password twice and a quota (the maximum size of the mailbox).
Afterwards, this can all be adjusted by clicking on the email address:
- In use, indicates how much of the allocated space is currently filled.
- With the option "Change Quota" more or less space can be allocated to a mailbox. This can never be less than the amount of mail currently in it, and never more than the quota for the mail package allows (including the reserved and used space of other mailboxes within the package).
- "Active" indicates that the mailbox is in use. To convert a mailbox into a forward, the mailbox will have to be deactivated. An inactive mailbox (no matter how much mail it contains) does not count towards the quota.
- The password on the mailbox can be changed via the option "Change password". It is NOT necessary to know the existing password.
Before the email starts working, it is needed also to add the following DNS records on the DNS zone. The instructions on how to do this are here (link for 1.2.5. DNS editor).
- Open your control panel on https://control.metaregistrar.com/
- Click in domain (left menu) and search for the domain that you are creating your email
- In the middle of the page you will see DNS
After this, you click to EDIT again, and this time click on PLUS (+) sign:
Select A and add the following:
- Click to add A record
- The domain will be already filled, we just need to complete what comes before, and the IP
- The IP will be the same that already shows on your DNS zone, you just need to copy the number
We need to add:
Content: IP address
Content: IP address
Content: IP address
IP address for smtp.yourdomain.com is the same for www.yourdomain.com
NB! Do not forget to change yourdomain.com by your own domain,
NB! Save the changes after each addition before adding the new record.
We will also need to add the SPF record required by Google, so you can send emails to all @gmail.com addresses.
The template is ready, and we don't need to write anything, click on APPLY TEMPLATES:
Select SPF, click in apply template, and this window will close. You are back to the DNS zone, and then just need to SAVE the changes!
Your email will work again in maximum 2h.
Our packages offer choices from a number of mailboxes that can be used to the maximum, and also how large those mailboxes (together) may be. The mailbox size quotas can also be seen on this page. These quotas have two rules:
- Used space: this is the amount of mail that all mailboxes in the mail package occupy together .
- Reserved space: This should never be more than the maximum size of the purchased mail package. This number can be managed by adjusting the maximum size assigned to a mailbox (see above)
You can access your inbox through the link https://roundcube.yourdomainprovider.net