Log in to the hosting
All our hosting packages run on servers on which a Plesk environment is installed.
It is possible to contact these servers in several ways:
- Via a direct URL: https://yourdomainname.ext:8443
Enter the username and password for the Plesk account.
- Via a link, referring to the server: https://pleskXX.yourdomainprovider.net:8443
In addition to the username and password, the number of the Plesk server must also be entered.
- From our portal:
- Click (logged in to the portal through https://control.metaregistrar.com) on the 'Hosting' link in the left menu.
- In the new screen, click on the name of the hosting package.
- In the next screen, click on "Log in automatically to Plesk". (This page also lists the IP address and name of the Plesk server in question).
- The Plesk environment will open in a new tab without prompting for a username and password.
Resetting the password
The username and password that are requested in the first two methods can be viewed and modified via option 3 within Plesk. To do this, do the following:
- At the top right, you can find the name of the domain and the username.
- Clicking on the username, you will find the option "Edit profile". This opens a new screen.
- In "General information" it is possible to (optionally) enter an email address that can be used to reset the password.
A new password can be entered at "Plesk Preferences". NOTE: This must be a password that meets Plesk's requirements for a strong password.
The data specified in 'Plesk Preferences' can be used to log in to the Plesk server according to the methods explained above